Friday, November 6, 2009

Halloween Masquarade Ball- A.K.A. Smile Fest 2009

The Masquerade Ball Begins...
Oh my!!! How majestic does Elise look as she sports this lovely Mask.

Oliver just can't quite sport it as well as Elise. For some reason it kind of just looks like he has a Fro and some feathers stuck in it. However, Oliver has his own way of looking Majestic, it just isn't the same way as Elise.


This is the first time in nearly a year that I have been able to dance for real. I love a good swing dance every once in a while. There is nothing quite like getting twisted and twirled and thrown across the dance floor. Oliver, you definitely have the dance skills. It has been a while since I have had a good lead to follow .

Happiness is Swing dancing on Halloween in a Ballroom in Boston !!!



Elise and I are experts at this Dance thing can't ya tell???



I am trying to dance, but am some what distracted by the "All the Single Ladies" performance by Oliver.
Smile-Fest 2009.



Wow, I did not even know that two people could concentrate so hard on dancing. Look at those intense face!!! You would think it was some sort of dance competition.

It almost seems as if Elise's dashing looks have brought Oliver to tears.

SURPRISE... Disco is back!!


All Good Things Must Come To an End!!!
As we left it rained and it was such a blessing because we were still SOOOOO Hot from the intensity of dancing.I am so glad and grateful that Elise convinced Oliver and I to go to this Young Single Adult activity in Boston.It went so much better than the Single Adult activity we went to in Augusta.





This Halloween is finding its place up there nearing the best of all my Halloween's in my 25 years of life. We left Maine around 12:00 P.M. and arrived about 4 P.M. in Boston. We got a hotel and met up with my Great Uncle Bob who is 3 months away from 90. Once we had done a little T.J. Max shopping we prepared for the Masquerade Ball put on the local LDS Singles as a part of the Young Single Adult conference. We knew we didn't have tickets but we drove all the way down here in hopes that we might get to go anyway. We knew in the least that we would get to hear Elder Ballard speak the next day in Stake Conference.


After getting a little dolled up we left for the Harvard Club, where the Ball was to be held. After a nearly 1.5 hour search we finally found the place. We accidentally ended up on the wrong side of town, near Boston College, where we picked up three young college boys. Oliver offered them a ride because they had been lost for 2 plus hours searching for their car. It was fun to help them finally find their car so they could get on their way to Michigan. I enjoyed walking and talking on the streets of Boston. There were people everywhere with costumes on. It was an exciting evening to be in Boston.


Finally we arrived at the Harvard Club. After batting my eyes and puckering my lips they were glad to allow us to join the dance. It was so neat to be there. It was a gorgeous hall. It seemed old and perfect for the Halloween scene. Even more than that it was great to have a rock'n time and dance the night away with Oliver and Elise. I danced with a few random people and had a good time, but for the most part it was fun to just dance and have a great time with two people I enjoy spending time with. At one point Elise made us go out and dance alone so that we might get to know some other people. I tried, but I quickly realized how I really didn't know anyone in the area and how comfortable I felt around Elise and Oliver to break out my funky dance moves. I couldn't do the solo thing for very long
Here are the dance pictures and I will add the Sunday tour later.



Elise, Oliver, Oliver's mission companion, and I after the dance.



Can you believe this phenomenal beautiful ballroom.


Another view of the grand Ballroom at the Harvard Club.


This is me having the time of my life in Boston. It was an wonderful evening!!! I felt like I was on top of the world!


Olive showing of his stellar dance moves.


This is some random guy that just ended up in my picture, but I thought it was great to show how fancy this ball was.

1 comment:

Elise said...

Sure, some "random" guy. Creeper.
hahaha Jk, Pamcakes.

You are adorable.
Lovely post to describe a very memorable Halloween.