This is a super old post, but I thought I would add the pictures that were supposed to go with it and finally let it be posted:
Last year (Winter/spring 2009) I came across a song that really struck me. It's a song by Sara Baralis and Ingrid Michleson. I found it late last winter and thought it was a little late in the year to find it as it was already almost spring. However it has come to be one of my favorites this fall and winter. It asks the question "Is love alive?" repeatedly. At the time I was sincerely asking that same question. Here are the words and I will tell how it relates to my Christmas trip to Arizona:
bum bum bum bum bum bum bum bum
bum bum bum bum bum bum
bum bum bum bum bum bum
This is my winter song to you.
The storm is coming soon,
it rolls in from the sea
My voice; a beacon in the night.
My words will be your light,
to carry you to me.
Is love alive?
Is love alive?
Is love
They say that things just cannot grow
beneath the winter snow,
or so I have been told.
They say were buried far,
just like a distant star
I simply cannot hold.
Is love alive?
Is love alive?
Is love alive?
This is my winter song.
December never felt so wrong,
cause youre not where you belong;
inside my arms.
bum bum bum bum bum bum bum bum
bum bum bum bum bum bum
bum bum bum bum bum bum
I still believe in summer days.
The seasons always change
and life will find a way.
Ill be your harvester of light
and send it out tonight
so we can start again.
Is love alive?
Is love alive?
Is love alive?
This is my winter song.
December never felt so wrong,
cause youre not where you belong;
inside my arms.
This is my winter song to you.
The storm is coming soon
it rolls in from the sea.
My love a beacon in the night.
My words will be your light
to carry you to me.
Is love alive?
Is love alive?
Is love alive?
Is love alive?
Is love alive?
Is love alive?
Is love alive?
Is love alive?
Is love alive?
Is love alive?
Is love alive?
Is love alive?
Is love alive?
Is love alive?
I loved this song. I thought of it a great deal as I organized the love letters between my grandma and grandpa, from World War II. My grandfather served in the south pacific on a ship which refueled other ships. Between my grandmother and him they sent over 450 letters in a 3 year period. They were quite gushy but sweet at the same time.
I have come to the conclusion that love is not easy, it takes a lot of work, and their may be "Oceans" between two people, but if they are willing to work hard on both ends, then love can be alive. It will never work if one part or the other is left to do it alone. It requires the sincere desire and hard work of both parties.
Here are the actual letters:
No comments:
Post a Comment