Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I went into the woods

"I went into the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not when I came to die, discover that I had not lived... I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life."

~Henry David Thoreau

I went into the woods a little over a week ago and it made me homesick. Funny that I could get homesick while living in my own home town. The homesick I talk of is more of a "Maine-sick", the kind of homesick for a job I loved, that I would do for the rest of my life if I knew that I could guarantee that I would get by. I love the kids, l love making a difference, I love serving them, I love the comrodery that comes with a crew that plays in the woods together.
Into the deeps canyons I go this weekend...

No comments: