Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Poetry

Poetry has an important place and profound affect in the school I am teaching at. I have noticed that it not only has a profound affect on my students, but it also affects me. Some days are long, hard, and intensely emotional, but other days are so rewarding, exciting, and worth all the time spent there. One of my students comes to me often to share the poems he writes as an outlet to the intense feelings of his heart. Sometimes they make my heart well up in tears. This particular poem just caught the feels of my heart today. I told him that I would publish his work anonymously on the internet today. Simple, but profound to me, Here it is:

"I can't believe the things you've put me through,
Why do I love you the way I do.
Will I have to change that to always be true."

~Anonymous


1 comment:

Melissa Hartman said...

Wow! That was a beautiful poem! It captures so many things in those few lines! Thanks for sharing!