"Give me Liberty or give me Death"
This was one of my favorite 3rd of July's ever. It was fun to be able to celebrate the Independence of our nation for three days straight. The way the 4th was so conveniently placed on a Sunday allowed for a significant amount of celebration the day before and the day after. All the below pictures were taken on day one of celebration.
This year I live right across the street from one of my favorite portions of the festivities, Colonial Days. The reason I love it so much, even more than the booths of vendors and the carnival rides, is because I feel that it is important for all people in our country to get a taste of the Revolution. I would love for every child in the west to get the chance to see, feel, and experience significant pieces that have contributed to our nation's Liberty. At this celebration they have many ways to see and experience colonial life. There are original significant documents. There are people dressed up in colonial clothing. ETC. There aren't any original significant colonial age buildings here to remind people of their heritage. I was so excited that I ran up Abraham Lincoln and asked how I could get involved. So come next year I will be all dressed up
This was one of my favorite 3rd of July's ever. It was fun to be able to celebrate the Independence of our nation for three days straight. The way the 4th was so conveniently placed on a Sunday allowed for a significant amount of celebration the day before and the day after. All the below pictures were taken on day one of celebration.
This year I live right across the street from one of my favorite portions of the festivities, Colonial Days. The reason I love it so much, even more than the booths of vendors and the carnival rides, is because I feel that it is important for all people in our country to get a taste of the Revolution. I would love for every child in the west to get the chance to see, feel, and experience significant pieces that have contributed to our nation's Liberty. At this celebration they have many ways to see and experience colonial life. There are original significant documents. There are people dressed up in colonial clothing. ETC. There aren't any original significant colonial age buildings here to remind people of their heritage. I was so excited that I ran up Abraham Lincoln and asked how I could get involved. So come next year I will be all dressed up
Having declared my desire not to wash my hands they decided to
lock me into the stocks for 2 days
from the Spanish American War on.
(I would really like to wear one of their dresses)
Oh, don't they look right handsome with their colonial Attire

We had a large potluck dinner together. Even the table decorations were amazing.
Friends enjoying each others company.


Aren't they all so jovial, the way one should be on the 3rd of July, celebrating the 4th.

Martha Washington Meets the famous singer Taylor G.
The first First Lady meets the Current President.

Aren't they all so jovial, the way one should be on the 3rd of July, celebrating the 4th.

This is the happy lead hostess. She and I decided together that because I had a large blue colonial dress, I would be the party mascot, Martha Washington. We even got Elise's hula hoop and rigged it up to my belt so it would hold on. (I have great sympathy for those poor women who wore such ridiculous things as pedicoats, corsets, etc.)
Martha Washington Meets the famous singer Taylor G. It really is to bad that Martha and Taylor were born centuries apart.


We all walked up to campus after the dinner and found a lovely place on the hill by the Hinkley Alumni building. While we waited for dark to settle and the fireworks to arrive, we relaxed and chatted, I got a head massage from Levi, we watched this incredible sunset from the bridge, we played with the glow in the dark Frisbee, and a grass in the face wrestling match. I enjoyed the anticipation of fireworks as much as the actual event.

I don't have many pictures of the actual fireworks, mostly because it is just one of those events that can't quite be captured on film. It really is an aesthetic experience of the moment. however this picture says it all. Evan perfectly illustrates the fun of the moment. While walking home we did fireworks all the way. As one of them was lit, it only went up 1-2 feet, when it should have gone up 10-20. It shot to the ground and shot right between Emily's legs and next to a car. That sure gave us all a little thrill and a jump start to our hearts.

This is the whole gang, just before I got back into my normal clothes to go out into public.

We all walked up to campus after the dinner and found a lovely place on the hill by the Hinkley Alumni building. While we waited for dark to settle and the fireworks to arrive, we relaxed and chatted, I got a head massage from Levi, we watched this incredible sunset from the bridge, we played with the glow in the dark Frisbee, and a grass in the face wrestling match. I enjoyed the anticipation of fireworks as much as the actual event.

I don't have many pictures of the actual fireworks, mostly because it is just one of those events that can't quite be captured on film. It really is an aesthetic experience of the moment. however this picture says it all. Evan perfectly illustrates the fun of the moment. While walking home we did fireworks all the way. As one of them was lit, it only went up 1-2 feet, when it should have gone up 10-20. It shot to the ground and shot right between Emily's legs and next to a car. That sure gave us all a little thrill and a jump start to our hearts.

No comments:
Post a Comment