Have you ever had someone give you that funny second glance while your driving down the street? This then turns into that awkward moment where you look back and they either pretend they weren't looking at you or your car or they frantically wave their arms to let you know that you left your sack of groceries on the top of your car.
Well, today I did not leave the bag of grocieries, that was the case two weeks ago the day before fathers day. However the first part was a good part of today's glances.
You see, my dad and I had an adventure this afternoon, figuring out a system to rig my newly acquired kayak to the top of my car. Between my ropes course skills and his scout master skills we totally mastered the kayak rack, without a rack, system. These pictures are the precursor to the actual system, but they were the right idea.
"Tada!!!" "We did it! We did it! We did it, Hooray!" As I drove through the quiet streets of Provo tonight, there was no shortage of funny surprised looks from people. There was a great Asian man who say it and kept staring, then as I watched he poked is wife to let her know what was on the car in the next lane. I thought it was hilarious. At first I forgot the Kayak was on the car, but as soon as I realized it was there I gave the funny couple a quick smile.
What an epic afternoon!!!
1 comment:
Ha ha ha! That's so funny. You're so good at finding projects to practice your skills.
Post a Comment