
In downtown Damariscotta on the second weekend in October the streets are lined with tourists. They come from far and wide to escape the presures of city life, see extremely large pumpkins carved with phenominal pictures of Lobster and Fish and to see small pumpkins launched into the ocean. It is quite the celebration.

This artist was still hard at work on his pumpkin carving masterpiece. Whoa!!! Tell ya what, Whoa!!! He was pretty intense.

Elise is an excellent photographer and we had a fabulous time running all over time taking photos. Isn't she so cute and looking quite nautical.

We stopped by the Fundraiser for the Legendary Alewive fish of the Damariscotta lake. This fund helps suppor the beautiful river ladder that allows the fish to swim back up stream from the ocean into Lake Damariscotta. Kind of like Salmon do! In Short the lunch was $5 and the chille and Pumpkin Curry soups were A-mazing!!! They even had a gluten free cookie! That pretty much made my morning!

This is THE Pumpkin launcher. They described it as a potato launcher on staroids. It is pretty huge. I wouldn't know because I have never launched a potatoe. However, I knew it was pretty intense when everyone started to cover their ears as the launch was about to begin. It was amazing to see the pumkin go up and over a low lying cloud and go so far that it could not be seen, but its large splash could. What a fun and interesting tradition!!!
2 comments:
How fun! I would love to go to Maine. What took you out there?
Pam! It looks like you're having so much fun in Maine, I'm SO HAPPY for you. Keep updating, I love seeing your lovely face and hearing about your life.
Post a Comment